Monday, June 9, 2008

In Between Days

Wow. It's been a while. I should have kept this blog up. One of the problems I had was the lack of time. I will try to keep up. I do want to talk about some books, music, films, and art that has been on my mind the last year.

  • Daft Punk's 2007 Alive was my favorite album of last year. And it beat out some good albums (GaGaGaGaGa, The Reminder, and Boxer to name a few).
  • I became seriously obsessed with Sufjan Stevens since my last post. There are only two other bands that I felt that way about in my life -- The Cure and The Replacements. And like them, I don't get tired of his music.
  • 4 of the best picture nominees were great films. I really thought Micheal Clayton was the best of them. But Atonement? Seriously? What a waste of acting talent. Everything seemed forced. I truly hated that film.
  • My favorite movie of the summer is Ironman.
  • The reissues of the first 4 Replacements cd's by Rhino are a gift from god. I'm reading The Replacements: All Over But the Shouting: An Oral History. I will not post a review of the book. I will post what I discovered while reading the book. But here is the teaser: I've learned more about me then I did the replacements.
  • Still haven't bought Zen Arcade

----------------
Now playing: Sufjan Stevens - Chicago
via FoxyTunes

No comments: