Friday, July 6, 2007

Wishlist

I sample music from other peoples blogs. But I don't believe in downloading whole albums. Not anymore anyways. I mean I know what it's like to struggle to make a living. Hell, I'm a teacher and that's the best paying job I've ever had. So here are twenty or so cd's I want to buy, in no particular order:


  1. Spoon -- GaGaGaGa
  2. Feist -- The Reminder
  3. The Mars Volta -- Amputechture
  4. Daft Punk -- Musique, Vol. 1: 1993-2005
  5. Daft Punk -- Daft Club
  6. Minus the Bear -- Planet of Ice
  7. The National -- Boxer
  8. Phoenix -- It's Never Been Like That
  9. Rufus Wainwright -- Want One
  10. Rufus Wainwright -- Want Two
  11. Rufus Wainwright -- Release the Stars
  12. Moonbabies -- Moonbabies at the Ballroom
  13. Moonbabies -- The Orange Billboard
  14. Feist -- Let it Die
  15. Lucinda Williams -- West
  16. Snow Patrol -- Eyes Open
  17. Whiskeytown -- Stranger's Alamanac
  18. Husker Du -- Zen Arcade How do I not own this!!!
  19. Tori Amos -- American Doll Posse
  20. The new Radiohead cd (maybe this year)
  21. New Cure cd (should have one since they are going on tour but not to New Orleans)



There are more. But I have to give thanks for MP3 blogs. Radio doesn't play music that has anything to do with my life. A good number of those artists I had read about in magazines or had friends discuss, but through the mp3 blogs, I could actually listen and discover them.

3 comments:

-tom said...

Nice start to your blog. Keep it coming.

Once you get Zen Arcade, you'll wonder how you got by without it. An absolute classic.

And thanks for the link up. I'll add you to mine.

-tom
(bag of songs)

Joe S. said...

Really enjoying the start of your blog. Hope you get off to see the Cure somewhere - I'll be in Philadelphia and NYC. You definitely need to check out The National - Boxer. It is brilliant! Best of luck!

- Joe
Direct from somewhere

stoneonagrave said...

Thanks for encouragement, and keep the good work.